Independent Field Inspection
Baker Testing provides quality bridge inspection services around the world for both new construction and in-service bridges.
Helping highway agencies identify deterioration and plan for repair, Baker Testing offers close inspection of components using a variety of non-destructive testing (NDT) methods. Our technicians test and report on a variety of bridge components, looking for fatigue cracking, defective components, and corrosion.
- Bridge Pins
Preliminary inspection results are available on the job, allowing inspectors and on-site managers to collaborate.
Specialized Bridge Access
In compliance with the safety regulations of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Baker Testing inspectors are familiar with specialized access techniques. Proper inspection of bridges may require access from a bucket truck staged on platform beneath the bridge or snooper truck where the inspector is lowered over the edge of the bridge deck by a mechanical boom.
Inspection of New Bridge Construction
Structural Steel and Weld Inspection is provided for new bridge construction, in compliance with the Federal Highway Administration requirements.
NDT Testing Techniques
- Phased Array - produce simultaneous multiple-beam ultrasound to determine quality and integrity of welds
- Magnetic Particle - identify surface flaws and seams
- Radiography - locate embedded flaws on film or digital x-ray
- Ground Penetrating Radar - identify the location and depth of objects hidden to the eye such as structural steel embedded in concrete
- Visual Inspection - perform independently or in conjunction with all other inspection methods
Both individual and large volume/new project welder qualifications are available. Read more: Welding Qualification
Baker Testing has serviced the structural steel industry for over 35 years, providing trained and qualified technicians for job sites around the world.
- Certified Weld Inspection (CWI) to AWS D 1.5
- ASNT UT, RT, PT, MT, VT
- NYDOT UT Level II certifications if required by contract
- Knowledge of codes and standards for structural steel
- Training prior to assignment